Friday, May 13, 2011

VC ROCKS MAY 2011 BLOG HOP

Welcome to the next stop on the VC Rocks May 2011 Blog Hop. The theme for this month is Color My World. Hopefully you arrived here from Marisol's blog at http://atouchofsol.blogspot.com/. If not, you can start from the beginning of the hop at the vc rocks blog at http://vcrocks.blogspot.com.

One of the requirements for this months theme is to color in the image with either markers, pencils or Water Color Crayons. I don't have very many current SU! image that I can color but I finally decided on the flower from the Friends 24-7 set.



I used the Splitcoaststamper sketch this week, SC322. I colored the image in with Melon Mambo and Old Olive markers. I used Melon Mambo, Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango cardstock since it coordinates with Beyond the Garden DSP from the summer mini.


To continue on the blog hop, please visit Nancy at http://fancynancykay.blogspot.com/.

23 comments:

  1. I love it, you created such an elegant piece. The colors all go so beautifully together. That is one of the great advantages of SU- everything coordinates.


    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, love the colors in this DSP. Card is just so pretty and feminine.

    thanks for sharing

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your layers build up from the simple line drawing to the beautiful focal point--great way to add impact, Marisol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes--I meant to say 'Diane'! Sorry, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colors - way to be creative with what you have! Thanx for sharing, Hugs, Sassy Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those designer series papers coordinate so nicely. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love the way you layered your dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of it goes together so nicely, colors are pleasing to the eye. All the layers are pleasing, a lovely card!
    Marsha W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great color/paper combo, I'm always chicken to try this kind of look but it's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The more I see this paper, the more I like it! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card. The DSP rocks. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bright colors of the designer paper. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Diane. I love the Friends 24-7 set.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your DSP just pops off this card ... love it! Great job coloring your flower! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous..I love the design paper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! All the layers and colors work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty card. I love those colors together too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card. So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete